Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Aunt Janyl Survived Another Duty Day!

Last night was Janyl's second time alone with Annmarie. We didn't plan on a hectic night prior to duty -where Annmarie slammed her head back into Mommy's jaw and literally knocked a tooth out of alignment and off of a bracket...not to mention slamming the spring and wire into the side of my cheek. So, I went to pick up my 24 hour shift and arrange an emergency trip to the orthodontist. Annmarie, however didn't have a mark on her from it. But, she did lose out on a lot of sleep. I warned Aunt Janyl not to let her sleep all day. I was worried that Annmarie would get her days and nights mixed up -and thus keep Janyl  up all night. "Aw, don't worry 'bout it."  Ya. So, she did give Janyl a run for her money. She was up several (MUCHO) times. I bet Janyl never puts her down for that many hours again. If I had to guess, I would say she had at least 4 hours too much sleep during the day yesterday.  Tonight was a little rough getting her down. Janyl didn't stick to the bedtime. But, honestly, I am OK with it. They both made it through unharmed. I will put her back on schedule. And, Janyl had a dose of the best birth control God ever made: a crying baby in the wee hours of the night that you can't make quit crying...no matter what. Thank you Janyl.
Three more days until Nana and Grandpa arrive! I can't wait! Annmarie's bed is still on back order. I really want to get it so I can finally get her room set up.
Chances of Italy are gone. It seems that job requires me to travel ALL over Europe -several different trips a year. Don't get me wrong, if I were married or if I weren't a mom, I would LOVE to take the job. This just means I will have to wait til Annmarie gets older and take her over for the summer. I still don't have official word on if I can take the equal opportunity advisor detailing route. I hate the wait. He has 30 days to answer my request. He is trying to send me to the USS STOUT in Virginia -which is better than Japan. But, it's still not ideal. If someone else bids on that job, he (says he) will release me to the EOA detailers. Then I will be able to bid on Guam -or some other shore based foreign place that keeps Annmarie with me. January 1 is the 30 day mark. But, the detailer wants to go on Christmas vacation too. Hopefully, I will find out before we fly to the East Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment