Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Flu...On My 13 Month Birthday...That Can't Be Good

After my trip to the zoo, I came home and had my nap and made mommy some ewww eees for when I woke up. Little did I know that wasn't the only thing I was leaving mommy! I made her ewww eees three more times in the next few hours...then my tummy was really upset. I didn't feel like eating a whole lot of dinner. I didn't even want to take a long bath. Then, half an hour after I went to sleep...it was on. Most of the time when I throw things, I have horrible aim. Not when I am tossing cookies though. I got everything from my pillow to my sheets and poor bunny. Mommy was right there to roll me over so I didn't choke on it. She cleaned me all up and laid me on her bed while she changed my bedding and got me a new pillow. I didn't cry at all, I just laid there watching my mommy -the pro. My mommy tried to put me back into the fresh bed, but I decided I wasn't done tossing my cookies, so I did it all over again. So, did mom. Then mom sat with me in the rocking chair for a while. And, I decided to make some pea soup. Mommy made it with me to the bathroom sink. Poor sink. Mommy changed my PJ's (and her own) again. Did I mention I made her some more ewww eees? I was good though, I didn't cry much at all. Then my mom decided she wanted to play catch to. I sat with my head against the wall while my mom used the bathroom. Then my mom broke out the "not-so-yummy tummy" bowl. I didn't want to drink any water so my mom fed me pedialite from a medicine dropper. One dropper full every 15 minutes just like the RN on the ped helpline said. I stopped playing catch and finally fell asleep around 3am-ish. I still woke up at 5:30 ready to be awake. My mommy tried to feed me a pop tart, some banana pieces and water. I did eat a few bites. About two hours later mommy tired to give me some Cheerios and peaches...I gave them back -promptly.  Mommy kept making me drink water and pedialite. I must've worked because around 3pm I was able to keep down some rice and yogurt. Mommy is still moving pretty slow, but she is happy that I was able to eat some dinner. She's not happy with how much my ears are draining, but that's another fight. I really hope I get some good sleep tonight. If not, mommy is taking me back to the doctors in the morning. I hate going there -they keep giving me shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment