Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Friday, September 2, 2011

Teething Blues

Baby Girl is learning to self feed.
She is frustrated because she can't find the food
she was trying to put into her mouth!
Between technical issues and teething, mommy has had her hands full. Baby girl has had a rough couple of days. Annmarie had her first real fever. The day before yesterday (Wednesday) she was tired and clingy and had a 99 degree temperature. We pushed through this and I thought we were getting better. But, yesterday she spiked up. So, Mommy took off work and we went to the pediatrician with a 101.1 degree fever. She was miserable and had a nice little cough to go with it, too.  Her poor cheeks were swollen and flushed. She looked like a chipmunk. So, we have been dosing with Tylenol every four hours. Between the Tylenol and Orajel (and a whole lot of rocking and walking) we made it through yesterday. This morning she woke up much happier -with no fever. So, we went from 10pm to 9am with no Tylenol. But, then she started to get a fever again. So, I am attacking it again. She just fell back to sleep. Normally she sleeps for about an hour in the morning. I am not pushing her or waking her for any reason. I prefer she sleeps through the pain. I am OK with being awake at night if she sleeps too much during the day. Poor baby.
She is back to 20 pounds and eating finger food pretty well. She prefers it to jar food, but I am having trouble figuring out how much she is eating and how much she is wearing. She is also pretty good with a sippy cup. I look to get rid of the bottle in a couple of months. And, she loves sitting on her potty, but has no clue why she is sitting on it. This week for phonics we went back to animals, but we did take yesterday off -that is a first.
Payton hit 7 pounds! So, far no residual health issues! He should be ready to circumcise soon!
Aunt Janyl is putting in her notice and we are making plans to get her out here in October!
And, last but not least, Robbie's 5th birthday party will be held next Saturday at my mother's house...all are invited!
I was supposed to get my cell phone fixed today, but I am totally basing the schedule on what she feels like. I can talk on it, just can't download pictures. I will add them in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment