Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth.

She has a spoon and I have a spoon -and she still managed
 to wrestle away the bowl.
With such an extremely hectic week, I seriously spent most of the day just catching up on things that I was behind on. I was finally able to put things back to where they were before we left for Janyl's party.  We were also able to go participate in a car wash for work and still get to Mommy and Me class. However, with such a busy week, we did not get to Skype with anyone today. Tomorrow we will work it in. I have to get to base to buy some new uniforms. In the Navy, we switch colors twice a year -and as of about a year ago, we added on some new uniforms. A year ago, I was pregnant and bought (and wore) the maternity ones. Now, I am coming up on having to have the non maternity ones. Good thing this uniform only cost about $125 -plus $75 for the boots and another $150 for the foul weather gear.  I already have the boots and I am not buying the foul weather gear yet. But, I still need to be fitted and order all the cool little patches that have to go on them. So, tomorrow we will go get fitted and order everything -and then hop over to the commissary (on a payday weekend) to get groceries. I can't believe how she has been going through baby food. Most of it ends up either on her or up her nose. I have it divided up into three meals now. She gets fruit for breakfast, a protein for lunch and veggies with cereal for dinner.  And of course 4-6 bottles a day. One of the girls at Mommy and Me said she gives her baby breast milk in the morning and at night and then formula during the day. I have been adding an ounce of formula here and there to the breast milk as I need it to keep up. But, it seems to me this other way may be the way to go. I won't have to carry her milk with me everyday to the nanny. She already has formula over there for emergencies. I am thinking about just giving her half a dozen empty bottles and telling her to make her own. I will have to get her some Nursery Water, but even that's not as bad as carrying bottles every single day -and it saves me time by not having to mix everything all the time.
Anyway, today we worked on the word "no". She really has no concept of what the word means. I learned in class that most babies know what the word means and say it on a regular basis. While I don't necessarily want her to tell me "no", I do want her to listen when I say, "no". She kept grabbing at the little end table next to the couch. She really likes that she can pull and move it. So, she would grab at it and I would take her hand off of it and tell her "no". And she would grab again and I would do the same. She got really frustrated with me. She didn't know if I was playing or not. She was trying to smile and cry at the same time. I was really calm and level with her the entire time, but after about 25 times, I decided to move her away from it all together and give her something else to do. And then, as soon as she thought I wasn't looking, she tried it again. And, I calmly told her, "no" again. I am learning that she does not like to give in easily. I really hope I can aim her dedication and ambition in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment