Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Monday, July 25, 2011

First Day Back

Yesterday couldn't have been a better day. We laughed and played and shopped. All was well with the world. Bath went smooth. Baby amazed herself when she went from laying down to sitting up -"sit up" style. The fact that I was holding her feet down has nothing to do with her super human performance! The look of amazement was priceless. Everything was perfect, up until I was dressing her after her bath and jerked a blanket up that had a flashlight on it. I keep a flashlight near so I don't have to turn on the lights in the middle of the night. The flashlight flew through the air in slow motion, flipping smoothly
with the grace of an Olympic gymnast. Mommy feverishly dove for it...with no success -as it bee-lined for baby girls face.
With no success. Yes, it smacked her right in the head above her right eye. Man, did she cry. Man, did I suck. I was afraid to look at it. I thought for sure I gave her a black eye.
Thankfully, she was OK. Black eye adverted.
Today was my first day back at work...and Annmarie's first day back to Tara's. Tara bought a new house. So, we had to take her to the new place. Baby girl did not handle it well. She didn't remember Tara and didn't care for the strange house.  And to top it off, I have another 24 hour shift (today). This duty day, Lori picked up Annmarie after work and took her back home. So far, she is doing well. I still miss her alot. (Alot alot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment