Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Plump Patty

 Now I know I didn't leave her there. She has a way of learning everything backwards. I just hope her backwards scooting/crawling doesn't translate over to backwards reading...you know, when 'draw' becomes 'ward'. She is still totally captivated by her phonics. This section has us working on b words -like the one used to describe how hard it was to change out the car seats.  The section you see on the screen to the right, is of the 'ing' words. She is learning grammar -in the form of action words and some tenses.
  It  was worth it to see that smile on her face. She definitely likes it better than the rear facing one.  She fits in it better (with room to grow), she can see me and I can see her. Which means I can tell when she is sweating her butt off and don't have to try and guess what's wrong or right back there.   

Baby girl had a few really long naps today. I hope she isn't coming down with something. She was very cranky towards the end of our day. I just don't know what's going on with her. It's like she just quit teething, but now she's tired and worn out. How do you quit teething without getting any teeth? Strange baby. And can a baby be 'fat'? She has turned into quite the 'solid sally' or 'chunky monkey'. Geez, she's heavy now. She has her 6 month check up this week. I can't remember if it's Wednesday or Thursday.  I am ready for them to politely tell me, "Your baby is off the growth chart". Translation: She is still huge for her age. I think I am going to ask to see this famous growth chart they talk about all the time, but never produce.
The girl doesn't really care for bananas and cherries. Her system won't tolerate baby yogurt -she turned all speckled...oops.
She usually gets a veggie for lunch and fruit and cereal for dinner. She has only every had Gerber products -only because I usually have a lot of coupons for Gerber. For her cereal, she eats either single grain rice or oatmeal. She likes apples, strawberries, blueberries, strained raspberries, pears, pineapple (mixed with sweet fruit), plums, way ripe mango, white grapes, sweet potatoes, corn, beans, peas, squash, zucchinis, sometimes -rarely carrots.  I think I am supposed to be working more food into her diet, but I haven't really gotten around to it. She has never had sugar or sugar substitutes. Gerber baby yogurt is the only dairy product we tried. And, she has never had any meat, chicken, or fish. I think she may be ready to try chicken. For the fruits and veggies, (if Marci doesn't want to make them) they come in a plastic two pack. One plastic container lasts two feedings. So, I get four meals out of one two pack. For the cereal, we will just need a small container-she only eats one scoop per meal (day).

No comments:

Post a Comment