Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Friday, July 1, 2011

Big Girl Car Seat

Today was gorgeous. The weather was awesome, the girl woke up for her 5am feeding and went back to sleep- so did I. We decided to go to the beach today. My logic was that it wouldn't be super busy because people usually work on Fridays.  When we arrived, it wasn't crowded, but within an hour, the place was packed.  Annmarie loved it. I pushed her in  her stroller down the boardwalk and she was just captivated. She had a lot of fun. She didn't even mind my applying sunscreen all over every part of her. Mommy had frozen yogurt and baby doll had her rattle. All was right with the world. After a while, I decided it was getting too crowded. So we left and had lunch at Chili's.  I forgot how crowded San Diego gets for the Fourth of July. Baby girl sat by herself in the high chair and behaved very nicely. So, I rewarded her with a trip to Target. Of course we hit the clearance rack first! Then it was time to head over to pick out a big girl car seat. She has gotten too long for her current rear facing car seat. She is tall enough and weighs enough for a front facing, but the book that came with the car seat said not to put the baby front facing until she reaches a year old. I am going to do some research, but either way she is too long for her current seat. I just want to make sure the restrictions aren't based on a neck issue or something like that.
She has a bassinet and a co-sleeper/playpen thing. The bassinet is still in the upper position -meaning the mattress is only 9 inches from the top of the sides. The co-sleeper was already moved to the lower position so she can't pull herself up or grab at the top of it. I usually put her in the bassinet while I 'make lunch' so I can see her and she can still play. Today, she tried to pull herself out. No she was not successful, but it still scared the crap out of me. I hadn't realized she was to that stage. So, here's my dilemma: do I let her stay in the higher bassinet so she can learn/practice pulling herself up but just move it closer to me, or do I lower the bassinet so she can't pull herself up? She's growing up too fast.
Also, I saw the first sign of allergies today. A few sneezes and some watery eyes. I am going to keep extra care on the cat hair and an extra sharp eye on her to make sure she doesn't have/develop anything more serious than watery eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment