Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Where'd It Go?

Oh my, the girl is getting used to getting up for work in the morning. She wakes up without an alarm between 05:15 and 05:30 in the morning -all week. Now, Mommy decided to take a day off work tomorrow, and she hopes the baby will sleep in. Hmmm. Ya right. OK, Actually, Mommy's work decided we could all have tomorrow off and Mommy isn't questioning it cause Mommy gets paid either way.
This morning she was up bright and early and very very happy. I hate to have to tote her over to Tara's when she is in such a good mood. It's OK when the girl is cranky. Just kidding. I hate to have to work. I almost wish I could be one of these welfare moms and sit at home all day long with my baby. Then I remember what I do and what kind of impact I have.
The girl has been having issues with poop again. Now, it seems, she only wants to poop every other day. (Are you scared yet? I am.) When she does poop, it's pretty -solid. Which is good because it's less likely to shoot out the side. (Score). And it's not good because it is really hard for her to pass. I have read book after book that say babies can't poop and eat at the same time. Our girl, however, has to be eating in order to poop. I don't get it. I am just going with it. But, no kidding, the girl can't poop unless she is eating. Well, she can but she doesn't like to. Oh, and it still smells HORRIFIC.
Today I changed her and was walking towards the garbage can with the dirty diaper and felt my load get lighter -literally. So, just out of curiosity, I looked into the diaper. Low and behold...the damn thing was empty. Nice. I didn't hear anything hit the ground. Of course, now we have a lot more carpet. There is nothing like trying to hold a baby and figure out where a ball of poop landed. Did I mention she is quick. She has the ability to reach and grab anything in a 5 foot radius. I am trying to hold her and gingerly figure out where I can step, while she has my hair in one hand and is grabbing at the pictures on the wall with the other hand. I gave up and put her in the walker about 15 feet away so I could take care of the issue (not) at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment