Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Where'd Spring Go?





As we head into summer....I was supposed to take Annmarie to Sea World yesterday with some girls from work. But, I was so far behind from having duty on Thursday that I just couldn't make it work. So, we went to the park on Saturday. Annmarie still refuses to sleep past 6am. But the good side of this is that I was able to get groceries, do two loads of laundry, and clean the house all before 9am. This weekend our goal is to finish up a lot of the projects we have in process. Aunt Janyl mowed the grass, so I was finally able to get out there with Annmarie and pull weeds. Man did it need it. I still wasn't able to plant the seeds in the flower garden, but there's still next weekend. I also got the pictures we had done over a month ago ready to mail! So, I rewarded us with a trip to the zoo. I risked it and took Annmarie into the petting area at the zoo. We only made it about 15 minutes..but she was fully medicated so it wasn't too bad. I tried to get better pictures but wasn't leaving her side. Later we went to see the snakes. She really love snakes. I don't get it, but OK. Then we went to see the monkeys. Annmarie loved this one 50 year old orangutan. He just hung out at the window and let Annmarie try to give him five!

It looks like I am going to Cocoa Beach for 10-13 weeks in the August time frame. So far, here's what we got on the side of mission planning.
-Friend Catina lives in Cocoa Beach, she is going to scope out child care facilities.
-Brother Adam and wife will fly out of Florida to here and drive my car to Florida.
-Dad has offered to fly to Florida and drive car to Fallon.
-Aunt Jeannie bought a house about half an hour from base. If she isn't living there yet, my intentions are to ask to rent it from her for a few months. This is a long shot.
-Cousin Cassie lives 90 minutes from base and has offered help, but not too sure what she can do. But she's a resource.
-Mom is storing baby stuff in Hernando that I can use while in Cocoa Beach. So far she's got everything from high chair to car seat.
-Brother Matthew has offered set up and baby sitting help.
-Cousin Tricia in Tampa is professional nanny and will take a leave of absence to help me if needed.

Here's our stumbling blocks:
No firm dates on ANYTHING yet.
If Aunt Jeannie has already transitioned to Florida, will need a vacation rental.
Will be carless for a few days with a baby in Cocoa Beach on both sides of the trip.
Will need to identify pediatricians in Cocoa Beach and Fallon before we get there. Cocoa Beach isn't so bad because I have several RNs and PAs in the family within an hour's drive.
Need to get to Fallon to find a place to live BEFORE I go to Cocoa.
Lost another buyer on my Mission Valley home. I am taking a $1083/month pay cut in Fallon and just can't afford to keep anything in San Diego.
Will need to identify what gets shipped to Florida, Fallon, and what flies with. When I leave San Diego in August, I will not be able to return.




No comments:

Post a Comment