Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Yay...Drills are Done!

The other night, Annmarie started getting really feverish. We were able to make it through the night without using the 'Not So Yummy Tummy' bowl. I thought we had it licked, but we still took it slow yesterday morning. I waited until noon to attempt to take my car back into the shop. The man guaranteed me it wouldn't take more than an hour and a half. About three hours into it, Annmarie started to get feverish again. And, we were stuck there. Luckily, mommy had a full diaper bag with everything we needed -except her own bed. It was a little after 5pm when we finally got the car and started home. My car is safe again. Bottom line is that it sucked to have to take her out when she wasn't feeling well, but there wasn't really a choice.
She didn't eat for crap yesterday or the day before. I put her on pedialite yesterday. It was helping...until I ran out of grape and had to switch to fruit punch. After a long night of bouncing up and down between 102 and 104, I gave up and took her into the emergency room. I tried everything from putting wet socks on her to wiping her down with wet cloths...plus Tylenol and Ibuprofen laddered throughout the night. I was trying to wait until the drills were finished. Its a mad house there as it is, I would have just sat there if I tried to take her in the middle of the mass causality drills. I was able to get in and out in under 5 hours. Nice. I am not sure about the doctor though. She changed up her existing medication doses...a lot. Of her three main medications, a) 1.8mL every 6 hours, b) 0.8mL every 4 hours and c) 2.5 mL once a day -she changed her up to a) 5.0mL every 8 hours, b) 5.0 mL every 4 hours and c) 2.5 mL once a day with d) new drug 5.0mL two times a day.  It really bothers me because the two of them are more than 3 times what the other doctor had her on. They have messed up with her dosing before. The one time they tried to hide it by moving her over to a totally different drug, but didn't realize I research what they prescribe. The new drug was the same strength, but they halved the dosage. Which tells me they gave me the wrong dosage to begin with. So, before we start these new drugs, I emailed a Florida pediatrician that I met through my southern family -and for good measure, I am going to look them up via Web Md. She's sleeping now and I have to get a bunch of stuff done for my duty day tomorrow. So, I am cutting this short, but wanted to give you guys an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment