Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Friday, August 26, 2011

Crappy Care Takers Beware!

I say care taker because there's no way she was giving care. Well, let's see, I had a command picnic today and only had to go into work for an 8am meeting and a 9am work group. So, I dropped the girl off late and let ol' girl know that I would be back around 1pm to pick her up. So, work went good -and quick so I left work around noon to go pick up the girl.
Hmmm....this is where it gets interesting. So, I pull up and no one's home. But, that's not the best part. I look at the house and there are huge stickers and tape all over the door and windows. The signs on the stickers say, "TOXIC FUMES DO NOT ENTER". The stupid b word was having her house soft tented with toxic chemicals and thought she could hide it from me. The signs listed the chemicals on them...they damn sure weren't child friendly or organic or anything remotely OK for a baby that crawls on the floor and puts everything in her mouth.  So, I call her and she doesn't pick up. I sit in her driveway for another 15 minutes -in 85 degree heat. Finally she calls back and says she is "putzing around in La Mesa" and will be back soon. She pulls in about 10 minutes after 1. By now I am pissed and fuming. She walks up and rips the tape off of the door and carries her sleeping 3 year old daughter in to lay her down.
AUFKM?
So, I go to her minivan and open the door and the stench of poop nearly knocks me down. So, I fish around for a diaper so I can change her...and there are none. So, I go to pick her dripping hot sweaty body up anyway and take her to my car (she's not going in that house) -and I find a dead bee wrapped up in her blanket. So, I put her in her car seat with the air on to cool her down. And turn to Tara to ask her when she intended to tell me she was fumigating her home. She had the audacity to say that she didn't have to tell me. She said the guy said she just had to air her home out. Her home does not air out. She does not have air conditioning and she lives at the base of a mountain. Which means there is no breeze-hence Annmarie's recent heat rashes. Excuse me if I am wrong, but I think it's my decision if and when she goes into a home that is freshly sprayed for pests.
You wanna know why she was trying to hide it from me? Because it explains all the bites all over the baby's face.
Anyway, I then told her yes she did have to tell me. Duh. Then she popped off with, "It's not going to hurt her, you need to lay off. Babies get bumps and bruises." I have no idea how we jumped to that, but OK. You want it, you got it. It was on. I unloaded on her. Listed off all of the recent bumps and bruises and told her that many items was not normal...it was neglect. She said that I should leave and not bring her back. I got into her face and told her to pack Annmarie's shit. She started to throw her stuff in the front yard and I told her that if she didn't stop I would drag her face across the pavement. I then told her that if it was good enough for my baby -it was good enough for her. She then calmly put our stuff in my car. I changed the baby on the seat of the car and then we left.
I got home and started unpacking everything only to find a half full (warmed) bottle with 2 black ants in it. She made me think I was losing my mind with the bites. Lori and I paid ALOT of money to have the house sprayed with non-toxic, baby/animal safe chemical alternatives thinking she got bit here. When she first got the bites, I asked her and she played dumb. Did I mention the bottle had a nipple and cap on it. Which means the ants were in there prior to putting the formula and top on. If Annmarie wasn't here with me, or if Lori were here to watch her, I would have driven back over there and stomped her ass.
So, luckily I had already started the ball rolling to get different child care. There was just no opening until September 19. Now, I have her in a brand new private military facility. Supposedly, I can go online and log in and look at her via video cameras anytime I want. And, they are subsidized, so the military will pay a portion of it. And, they provide food so I don't have to carry that back and forth anymore.
And, once I got the girl situated, I called the state board and lodged a complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment