Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Even an Earthquake Can't Compare to Annmarie's Teething

There was a huge earthquake on the east coast today. It's the first one in almost a century! To us, it's no big deal...to those back east, everyone is spastic. Annmarie is steadily trying to get her teeth in. Yesterday was brutal. Today was a little better. However, she did come home with another 3 inch long scratch on her thigh. Tara said she did it on the concrete. If that were true, this is the second time she hurt herself on the concrete behind Tara's house. Getting hurt twice in the same way isn't acceptable. However, I can't see how she got it crawling on concrete because it is too far up her thigh. It looks like she got caught on a sharp edge of something.
After the first cut (about 1/2 inch long running up her big toe onto the top of her foot), Lori said I was overreacting because kids get scrapes. This one is about 4 inches long and 1 mm across with these long scrapes at the edge. It looks like a perpendicular brush stroke at the bottom of the scrape. Then Lori let it slip that when I had my last 24 hour shift, Ella hit her in the face with a book.
What's my hesitation, you ask? I don't want to move her and have it be worse. And, Tara is really flexible with my ever changing work hours. Nevertheless, this weekend I am going to start looking for someone new. I need someone closer to the house anyway. I am tired of living 20 minutes away from work but having it take an hour to get to work everyday. Yes, Tara lives in the opposite direction from where I work and live -huge gas bills.

Oh, on the world events side: Libyan rebels stormed Muammar Gaddafi's compound in Tripoli he was nowhere to be found. The hunt for the missing Libyan dictator may now take them underground - literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment