Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Teething Secrets


The secret to soothing a teething baby's gums: Cool cucumbers
We have been so caught up in the CPO season that we totally missed Nana and then Great Grandma Kirk's birthdays. I am sorry. We love the both of you and I will make up for it.
We also haven't had time to Skype lately. Tomorrow won't be any good, but I should be able to carve out time on Tuesday.

Our baby girl has been teething. Hopefully this time she will cut some teeth. She was whiny and cranky all day. The only thing that soothed her was letting her gum a pickling cucumber. She went through 4 of them -which is fine. She really loves them and they are better for her than carrots.
After that I had to get her out of the house. I took her to the fountains. I sat her in the middle of them and she laughed and laughed. She eventually tried to get up and crawl over them. Of course, the concrete was hard on her knees so she crab crawled around. I bet in another couple of months she is running around in them. I wish I was able to get pictures, but I don't dare get distracted with a camera while she is in water and concrete. When she is bigger, I will get pictures.
She has grown so much that the 9 month old clothes no longer fit. So, this weekend, I had to go shopping again. I didn't dare buy anything under 12 month size. When she tried on one of her 12 month outfits today the pants are tight. I am glad I got some 18 month stuff too.
One of Lori's airman is having a baby girl. So, I found a home for the $160 swing that Annmarie is too big for.
The girl is growing developmentally too. Her long term memory is developing nicely. She also understands the word no. She waits until you aren't looking to try it again. If I ask her to show me her foot, she holds it up. You should see her try to do that while she's standing. Oh, yes -she pulls herself up to the standing position. She hasn't quite got the balance to stand on her own, but that will come. She scoots around furniture holding on for dear life. So cute. Above is a picture of her new toy. It's developed for so she can stand behind it and push it around. The problem is that she loves playing with the things on the front of it and you can't do that if you are pushing it. I call that a design flaw.
I am also coming to the end of breastfeeding. While she is with Tara she is totally on formula. And, I am starting to transition her over at home too. It's time and my schedule has been so totally full that it's becoming too hard. I can honestly say I have been trying really hard to give her the best. I have been getting some pretty bad headaches lately and need to be able to take the big girl pills to get them back under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment