Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Season's In Swing

I can not believe how incredibly busy work has been. This is my seventh "CPO Season" and my first as a Mommy. One of the new people going through the 'induction' side of season just gave birth on 25July. She did run the two mile stretch with us today, but then disappeared soon afterwards. (Wonder why.)
We had trouble in the past with the girl waking up at 4:30 am -and then Mommy getting up at 5:30. When she does this I can't get back to sleep. Well, that's not a problem anymore. Now that we are in Season, I am up at 4:30 anyway. :-)....and now she sleeps.
We have been trying to Skype with family members for a couple of days now. Things just haven't worked out. But, hopefully tomorrow we will be able to do it. I am going to text and let people know, but it will probably be somewhere between 7:30 and 8:30 East Coast time.
Yesterday, the girl gave me hell. I think she was in cahoots with the cats. She got into the cats' water dish. I picked her up and brought her into the kitchen where I was working. While I was distracted with her, Mimi managed to pry open the sliding screen door. Then her and Momo dashed out to the front yard. I ran out to get them before they really ran off. At which time, the girl made a dash for the wet cat food. She got a whole hand full of it into her mouth before I was able to get my it away from her.
Today, the girl came home with a mysterious rash on her face. I really hope it's just heat rash and not a reaction to something she ate. It was so hot last night I broke down and turned on the air conditioning. And yes, the air conditioning is still on. The cats really miss Lori. They keep trying to get my attention by doing things like tripping me and/or nipping at my ankles. I almost tripped with the girl today due solely to Momo.  
These next six weeks are going to be rough.
Annmarie has been making more sounds. She is developing very nicely in the language department. Yesterday she started making 'F' sounds. Next we are going to start working on 'L' sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment