Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Monday, August 15, 2011

So Tired

I really don't know where the energy comes from. My 24 hour shift was nice and calm. I couldn't have asked for a better shift. None the less, I was so exhausted. I have been sucking at taking pictures lately. I will make up for it tomorrow.
The girl has officially moved into 12-18 month clothing. She is growing so big so fast. I didn't get off base until after 3pm. I was surprised that I was so awake. I got to Tara's just after the girl fell asleep. I know Tara was trying to talk to me and stretch out the visit so the girl could sleep. I definitely had other plans. I wanted to get home before my energy left and I was too tired to drive. So, I went into the playroom and gently scooped her out of her playpen. She woke up and cried for about two seconds. After that, she looked up with tears in her eyes and just smiled -a huge, warm, loving smile. She sang most of the ride home. Our night was just as nice. She was so loving and cuddly. I really hate leaving her. I really love her laugh -and every other thing about her.
When we finally got home I made a definite point to give her as much attention as I possibly could. She was so happy to spend time with me, but not nearly as happy as I was to hang out with her. During her bath we played with her toys and she laughed out loud every time I pushed her ball under the water and let it pop up to the surface. She thought it was hilarious. She spent so much time in the tub that I had to heat the water back up.
Once she went to sleep, I had to start the mad flurry to catch up on everything. I still had half wet clothes in the dryer. Lori is awesome and I love that she cares enough for Annmarie to take care of her at a moment's notice. However, she hasn't been doing this very long and she doesn't know to reset everything. So, when I got home nothing was ready for her. So, I had to run around and do things like fill the viles for the bottle warmers and take the luke warm ice packs out of the upstairs cooler and put them back into the freezer for tonight. There are so many little things that constantly need done just to keep things running smoothly. Yesterday is the exact reason why I work so hard to keep everything preset. Lori was able to make everything run smoothly for an entire day because everything was laid out in a neat, orderly manner. And, she was in such a good mood today so I was able to muddle through even though nothing was ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment