Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Holy Crap

...more like unholy crap. I know all babies do is crap, eat and sleep. But does the crap have to be so toxic? I seriously think I am scarred for life. Today I washed 3 loads of laundry. In the past 2 days Annmarie has had 4 (four)...count them f-o-u-r -4 blowouts. When I use the term 'blowout', I mean it literally. When she poops, it is so forceful that it shoots up her back and out the top of her onesie. You can hear her poop. I am not talking about her grunting...I am talking about hearing the poop shoot out of her. At first I thought it was the diapers. So, I have tried one brand after another with the same results. It is her. I was giving her a 50/50 mix of formula and milk. The formula was upsetting  her stomach and made her constipated. I moved her to straight milk. After two days of no poop, we had 1/2 gallon of poop come out in a 5 minute period. It was sooo horrible. I took her into the bathroom to hose her off. I didn't even take the clothes off until after I got some of the poop off. Then of course, she was confused as to why she was in the bathroom if she wasn't getting a bath. I was cornered -either give her a full bath and let her play or listen to her throw a huge fit. Bath is after all, her favorite playtime. I didn't necessarily want to give her a bath right then and there because I still had poop all over the couch, the floor, and myself to clean up. She won. She got a bath and I cleaned up the living room afterwards. Here's the kicker of it all...none of the poop stains would come out. Now I understand why men have skid marks in their underwear. I figured they were just not washing their underwear soon enough. Nope, shit does stain. I lost a shirt and pair of jeans in the deal. She lost a blanket, a onesie and a pair of pants. The upside of this is that the bag of hand-me-downs is so full there wasn't room for this outfit anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment