Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Typical Three Stooges Day!


Never fails, put her in the car seat and she's out cold!
 Such a busy morning! The girl woke up early and didn't leave me a lot of time to heat up a bottle and such, so I 'made' her a bottle from scratch. It was easier -and probably the freshest she's had in a bit! Then she set the tone for my day. She started by pooping -not one, but three times. She refuses to poop in a dirty diaper. She would wait until after I got her cleaned and dressed to go again. I am pretty used to this by now, so she had to turn it up a notch. She waited until I picked her up to burp her to spit-up all over my uniform. So, I went to change and this made me late for work. That's pretty much how the day went...to include locking myself out of the Lactation Station, with my 'accomplishments' locked inside. So, I had to get someone to pry the door open. I got a couple of guys from the shop to help me. These men looked pretty embarrassed. "Lactation Stations" are still pretty new in the military. But, they were helpful and respectful. Then I spilled my lunch all over the table. Then I said screw it and went home early. Sometimes it's good to be the boss. I am still dealing with a little bit of the post-partum issues. So, I deem these accidents to be 'zoloft induced'. Something tells me they can only be 'wine cured'. It will be nice to be done nursing so I can go have a glass of wine. Of course, by then my tolerance will be so low that one glass will rock my world. For the longest time, I had to mix formula and breast, but as of last week I am finally producing enough to say that the girl is straight boob fed -through a bottle.
Nana says she got two more boxes today. I say she isn't used to my shopping yet. She still has three more things enroute!  My brothers are going to love me! I sent their kids presents too! Ha ha ha ha. I am still laughing. And the silly thing is that I told Scotty to take credit for it and he said, "Sure". He jumped on it like a fat kid to cotton candy. I sent them each a couple hundred ballpit balls and a ladder toy to roll them down. I figure they will pay me back in a couple of years. But, for now I still love to spoil those four kids (two for Matt and two for Jarod). Still smiling at the thought of Robbie and Jarod Jr throwing balls all over the house. Kyleigh is big enough to dive in and play too. I wonder if I should have bought Olivia a different gift. She is a little on the old side. What do you get for a pre-teen girl that will drive the parents batty? Ohh the Liz Taylor make-up set! Muuuaaahhh babies!
Kyleigh and Jarod Jr Halloween 2010



Scotty, Robbie, me and Olivia



No comments:

Post a Comment