Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Catching Up

Today was the first day back to normal -for whatever that's worth. I am steadily working on catching up on things. My sister Janyl helped me with the bulk of our move down to Lori's house. Its much better for her here. There are more parks to walk to, more room to roll around, and a cool area out front to set up her baby pool! Baby girl is in the stage where she gets frustrated when she can't do things. Which means she is finally learning how to do things. She is learning how to express her frustration. Janyl learned that Annmarie runs the schedule. She saw the girl unleash the hounds of Satan on mommy when she was overtired. Aunt Janyl simply chalked it up to birth control and hid in the other room. She now has a strong appreciation for adhering to baby girl's schedule.  Living at Lori's put an extra 40 minutes in the car every day.  This kind of slows us down, but it also guarantees a decent length nap. Annmarie went to the fountains today with Tara and the other kids. They are floor spouting fountains that are built for kids to run through. Of course, Annmarie sat on the sidelines, but she still had fun. She wore sun screen for the first time and still managed to get some color. I think she got my skin. So, between teething and a slight sunburn, and being tired the evening hours were not fun. Oh teething, well we still have the little sharp peak of an eye tooth, but the bottom gums are white capped. It is supposed to be bottom center two, but they are shifted over a bit. It looks like one of the bottom center teeth and then the one to the left of that one. She has been chewing on everything! We introduced some berries into the meal plan. She really likes blueberries and strawberries. She will sit in front of you with her mouth wide open waiting for the next bite. The other day at the end of the meal, she was still hungry and got a little upset when someone tried to wash her up instead of feeding her more. I am not producing as much food as I need to. I am trying to keep breast feeding as long as possible, but it looks like I may not be able to. I am OK with it. My goal was to make it at least six months and I am almost there. Longer would be nice, but I can look myself in the eye and know I did my best.
We started Mommy and Me classes. I love them. They are fun and it lets her meet other babies. There is a class opening up in August down by Lori's. That one will be so much easier to get to. Maybe when Nana comes back out to visit she can go to one with Annmarie. I think both parties would like it. Or, maybe there's one we can hit in PA. Nana can take her for the afternoon and just -bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment