Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Welcome Cousin Payton

Payton 2 pounds 10 ounces
Annmarie 13 lb 3.4 ounces










This afternoon Marie Lawson gave birth to my nephew Payton. The doctors had to bring Payton into the world early due to high blood pressure and other complications. Mom was 30 weeks along, but baby was/is still so tiny. Payton will be staying in the NICU for a minimum of 5 weeks. My brother Jarod and his wife Marie were not even allowed to hold the baby. Once again I am forced to realize exactly how lucky I am.
As a comparison, both pictures have the standard snot sucker. To me, that truly drives in the difference in size between the two. If I could have given up a pound or two from Annmarie to his baby, I truly would. Payton: Welcome to Our Family.

I hope Payton is able to fight through his early arrival. 

A picture from our packing/moving evolution.
Such a trooper!
Annmarie's Great Grams Kirk went into the hospital today with radiating chest pains. Luckily the doctors have determined it is not her heart. I have heard the word gall bladder thrown out there, but haven't actually gotten the legitimate diagnosis. They are keeping her at a hospital about 5 miles from Payton's hospital -which might as well be a million miles away from here.

Today Annmarie went to work with mommy for a bit. We had a family sports day. Annmarie did pretty good until she got tired and overwhelmed.  She was fine as soon as we got out of there. Hmmm....mommy found a new way to get out of work early. Nice.
The only other piece of news is that we are working out plans for Nana and Mimi to come out with or right after Janyl.
Oh, I finally got the corrected copy of Annmarie's birth certificate. Funny thing, the amendment was dated the day before my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment