Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dog or Cat? Hmmm

So at dinner last night, which was an outdoor BBQ style meal with friends, I discovered several things. Yes, I was truly robbed of experiencing having a "baby" baby. There was a child there born in February that's weight now is less than Annmarie's birth rate. He was a very beautiful, but fragile baby. I like having a tough -strong baby.
I was excited to go to dinner with a couple that also had a new baby. Once we arrived, I was a little nervous because they had three very large dogs. They even called the one a 'puppy'. Ha, unless he's Tootsie's size, there is no way I would call it a puppy. The 'puppy' was a pit mix -which made me especially nervous. And to add to it, they were puppy-sitting the pit mix, soooo any they didn't have first hand knowledge of the dog's history. I almost turned around and left. It's a good thing I didn't. I did use extra caution to keep the dogs at arm's length. But, she absolutely LOVED the dogs. She laughed and laughed when the dogs played with each other. I haven't heard her laugh like that in a very long time. I was beginning to miss my little girl's laugh. It was almost as if she forgot how to laugh. Until yesterday when we were sitting outside. She was laughing so hard she had tears. I wish I could have video taped it, but there was no way I was putting her down around them.
Then after dinner, we came back home and Lori helped me fix the girl's swing. It wasn't really broken, mom is just a moron. The girl lost interest in the swing because she didn't like to lay down in it and I could not for the life of me figure out how to move it into the sitting position. Lori came over and figured it out in under 30 seconds. I felt pretty stupid. It's OK as long as the girl has the best use of all I can give. I did have to install the part that goes over her lap -to prevent her from jumping out. She loves the chair again. She is napping right now, but once she's up we will be able finish Skyping with the rest of the family! Our family loves to travel! Nana and Aunt Janyl are back from Haiti. Aunt Marci is still in Italy and Uncle Scotty is about to head to New York! And Momma is getting ready to move Annmarie back into Aunt Lori's house. Maybe Aunt Janyl can help with that. I think it's a good time. I just have to find a good kinder care down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment