Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The difference between accomplishing things and making progress


So close.....and yet.


The original plan tonight was just to get her feet into the water and let her play for a bit....maybe put her into the sink...maybe not. I had to push my luck. I decided to try and wash her hair -which also went well. Then I decided to finish scrubbing her up. When she jerked away and slammed her cheek into the faucet. My kid is destined to be dirty. We accomplished getting her washed, but we did not make progress at solving the problem.
Just like today, I accomplished several tasks, but didn't make any progress. I got a load of laundry in the dryer, met with the realtor, finished re-caulked the tub, put the trash out, fed and bathed the baby, but I made zero progress at anything. Today I had to start adding formula back into her food. I can't get a day ahead on breast milk and I need to make sure the girl has enough food to make it through my 24 hour shift. I am still living out of boxes and garbage bags. And, the house is trashed (-sorry Lori). So overwhelmed -and yet so lucky.  Payton's arms are smaller around than my brother's fingers. If that doesn't bring you back to reality, nothing will.
My brother Jarod finally got to hold Payton

No comments:

Post a Comment