Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Day in the Park

The picture to the left is Annmarie at the park with Tara. The significance is she isn't in her car seat. This time, she sat up in the stroller all on her own -instead of locking the carseat onto the stroller. She did really well from what I hear. She also got a new Bumbo seat to use at Tara's house. Oh, I love it almost as much as she does. She looks so cute in it. I am going to try and get that for tomorrow's picture!

A mezzo-soprano singer named Priscilla Dunstan  hypothesized that there are 5 sounds used by all infants regardless of culture or linguistic group. These 5 distinct sounds, or sound reflexes, carry distinct meanings and are used by infants to communicate during the first few months of life.

According to Dunstan the five universal sound reflexes are...

NEH – I’m Hungry.
OWH – I’m Sleepy.
HEH – I’m experiencing discomfort.
EAIRH – I have lower gas. (I have an upset stomach)
EH – I need to burp.
OK. I will bite....so where the hell does the high pitched siron like "eeeEEEEeeeeEEEE" thing Annmarie does fit in?
Speaking of which girlfriend is up...so I will finish later!

No comments:

Post a Comment