Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hit or Miss Nights

After a night of ol' girl getting up every two hours, she was ready to play at 4:30 in the morning. She was in such a good mood. I knew there was no hope of going back to sleep, so I gave in and played with her. After playing "Arms Up, Baby Up" for a while, we decided to do some phonics. She loves it, so OK. Zombie mommy was working the 'ing' words before the sun came up! It took a while to get tonight's picture due to eating hazards. What do I mean by 'eating hazards?' -you ask. She has lightning quick hands and keeps trying to eat the camera. She could probably eat it too. Tonight she refused her 5pm nap. So we sat on the porch and watched the day end. It was nice. The temperature was warm with a slight breeze. She just sat calmly with her head on my chest as we rocked. Bath was short and she was pretty tired at 7pm when I put her to bed. I am pretty exhausted too. Good thing I actually cooked yesterday. Otherwise, I would have seriously considered just going to bed without dinner. I really have no idea how she decides how much she wants to sleep at night. I only have two weeks left before I go back on the schedule for 24 hour shifts. I have to get a hold on her sleep habits or I am going to be truly screwed -and so will Lori. Lori will keep her on my 24 hour shifts.
Today's research stated that I should start the girl on a sippy cup at around 6 months old. I just feel like it's way too soon. Of course, this is also the article that said to give them boiled tap water at/after 6 months. We are equipped with two kinds of sippy cups, so when she hits 6 months we will see if she's ready. I know this is going to sound a little snobbish, but even if I felt comfortable giving my kid water, it wouldn't be tap water -duh. We pipe our water in from out of state and it's not the best. And the CDC says that water in babies under 7 months can cause water intoxication, seizures and hypothermia. This is my logic: there's no magic timeline indicator in the baby's body that says, "OK tomorrow she will be 7 months so she can't get sick anymore". So, she'll get water at after 9 months...maybe later. I can put breast milk in a sippy cup. Hell, it would probably be a whole lot easier to fill up.

No comments:

Post a Comment