Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Payday Weekend in a Military Town

It was so nice to sleep in this morning. Of course she still woke in the middle of the night, but it was all business. Eat, change dirty diaper, back to sleep. Phonics went nice and smooth today. Tomorrow she starts Phase 2 of 5. I am excited that she will have a new set of words. The first group is getting pretty 'redundant'. She really likes her new books. I am so glad that she seems to like to learn. It made for a nice morning. She had another bowl of cereal today. She handled it pretty well. It's really hard for me to not rush her into baby food. I am going to try my best to wait until she is four months before we start veggies. I know she's a solid huge kid, but in some ways she is still a little baby. A three month old in a seven month old body. So, I keep reminding myself that emotionally she is still only three months old.
Payday weekend in a military town is insane. Everyone wants to be on the road. Everyone wants to buy groceries. Everyone wants to go to the mall. Of course, I have to do my part. Today was grocery day. A good portion of my groceries are delivered. But, not my fresh fruits and veggies -and a couple of other odd items. So, I braved the commissary today. Those of you that are military know the implications of what that means. Until you experience a payday weekend in a commissary you never quite imagine it. The only saving grace is that I went up to the marine base. It's tamer. Sometimes Navy wives are a little...overwhelming.  But, the girl was good. Of course, at the first sign of tired eyes, I immediately stopped and got in line to check out. Next time, I will just start at the other side of the store. There are times when you can spend up to half an hour in check out. I had a wire come undone on my bottom set of  braces and just don't have a lot of patience. I exhausted the kid. Today's picture is post bath. She was so tired, we bathed her early and she still passed out before her hair even dried. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment