Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Monday, April 11, 2011

A Day of Milestones!

For some reason the alarm scared the crap outta the girl this morning. Today was the first time she didn't sleep thru it. Fortunately, as soon as I picked her up she was all better. She just nuzzled her head into my chest and cuddled. And yes, I stayed in bed for a while and just enjoyed cuddling with my little girl. Then on to phonics...I think it's starting to kid-warp my brain. Last night I couldn't fall asleep because one of her songs was stuck in my head. I swear I was about to rip the damn puppet's "head, shoulders, knees and toes" off. Eyes and ears and mouth and nose....head and shoulders...knees and toooooeeeeessss. Arrrggghhh!
So, today was pretty zombie-like. But, it's ok. I will make it through.
I missed another mile-stone today. Today, reportedly our little girl allegedly rolled from front to back without Mommy being present. I tried to get her to do it again so I could video tape it. No dice. Of course it was a while before I saw her roll from back to front. I knew she was rolling because she would be on her belly when I came in. I just could never get her to do it on command.
There is no better feeling than cuddling with my girl. Oh! Snap! I almost forgot...today the girl decided she wanted to eat the old fashion way! No bottle for her. I hope I can get her used to doing it on a regular basis. That would solve one major flying problem. I think she just felt bad for not letting me see her roll over first.

No comments:

Post a Comment