Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Peas, No More Mommy!

Oh baby dolly had a pretty good first Easter! I learned a long time ago, that if you are going to spend holidays without family, it's best to do it in an unorthodox way That way you don't compare the day to good memories. For instance, one year, for Christmas, I went to Hiroshima and visited Ground Zero with a couple of friends. There is no way to compare that with sitting around a Christmas tree with family. The activities are too different, but both are special. I have to find a balance now so that Annmarie has good childhood memories.    This year is my freebie! She won't remember it, so I wasn't pressured. We went to church and then visited with a friend of mine that's in the hospital. Church was interesting. She doesn't understand that Church is a place for quiet babies. She did like the echos and singing. So, there's hope. Maybe eventually we will make it through an entire service.
Yesterday, I introduced peas. Hmmm. I had to stop half way through the feeding to use the snot sucker to get some of the peas out of her nose. I thought she was just accidentally getting them up there. Today, we figured it out. She hates them. She was spitting them out and using her hand to shove it up her nose. Today for lunch she refused to even put them in her mouth. She is definitely developing. For dinner, we tried sweet potatoes mixed with cereal. She refused to eat it after a few bites. I decided to try it without the cereal -she ate it up. I couldn't get it in fast enough! One more veggie on the 'score' list! I have to admit, after seeing the peas come out looking the exact same as it went in, I didn't really want her to like it either. It was icky. When the girl was about a month old we had bouts with acid reflux. Knock on wood, she hasn't had an episode in about six weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment