Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oh Messy Days

I should be used to all the messiness by now. Today was a trying day. Of course, at 1am I had to go a couple of rounds with the bottle warmer. I use it the same way every night. And every night I get a different result. Last night, it over heated the milk even though I pulled it out early. Then I had to start from scratch and the second bottle was just plain cold. I ended up with Annmarie working herself into a fit as I mixed the hot bottle with the cold bottle so I could get something in her. And then, not only did she devour one bottle, but she took down the second one as well. What a mess though. Then of course, she made 'stinkies' -or as I like to call them: "eyebrow waxers". In the past two days I have dropped and/or spilled baby powder three times. I have baby powder all over everywhere from my uniforms to the side of my couch. Every time I think I have it cleaned up...I find it or drop it somewhere else. Besides the baby powder, we had a pretty smooth morning. After work (and after I picked the girl up) I realized I was dangerously low on gas. I did make it to the gas station -with only 1/16 tank. I hate taking it that low. Phase Two phonics went well today, but baby didn't want to take her nap afterwards. I even spelled it out to her, but she still refused. 'Nap' is one of her words this phase. We went onto cereal for dinner. I made it a little thicker today. I am trying to work her up to a decent consistency. I forgot how deadly her eye-foot coordination is. And, of course she kicked the little bowl of cereal out of my hand and all over the both of us. Her aim is miraculous -especially seeing as how she had cereal all over her face and in her hair when she made contact. Just as we finished clean up she made 'stinkies' again -or as I like to call it: "toxic waste". After that Momma needed some fresh air. So, we went to sit on the porch to rock the girl to sleep. The temperature was comfortably cool and the sunset was beautiful.  The rest of our night was pretty uneventful -book reading, baths, and bed! Experts say nightly baths aren't necessary for infants. Unless mine is particularly messy and I just don't know it, I have to say I firmly disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment