Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

After a rough start, we decided to scrap all Mother's Day plans and go back to bed. I had a pretty bad sinus headache most of the day and the girl had a long night of low grade fevers and crankiness. I didn't have the heart to drag her around. So, we decided to go back to bed for a couple of hours. I then attempted to make her some baby food. The good news is that the food processor still works. I was worried because I hadn't used it in probably 4 or 5 years. The bad news was the food came out course and very tart. I think the mangoes needed to age a few more days. I still have the melons and two more mangoes. I am going to try again in a few days. I know I can make it taste different by adding milk, but I am not going to taste it. Sorry, it had better taste good before I add the milk. Aint this a switch -usually it's about getting the milk out of the melons...not mixing milk with melon! (Sorry, I couldn't resist it)  
ok, finish in a bit...baby is up and crying.
OK, back! Anyway, I was a upset that I wasn't able to do what was planned for Mother's Day, so I decided that I would do a dry run for Christmas! This is my logic flow: 1) It's my first Mother's Day and I should be able to do what I want without stress and time schedules.  2)  I felt guilty about being upset 3) I wouldn't be a mother if it wasn't for Annmarie. With that in mind, I took her to the store and we had fun -together. The store is close enough that I was able to get back home quickly if needed. So, what did Santa Mom bring the gorgeous little girl? Baby doll got her first baby doll. It warmed my heart to see her try to stick the baby's thumb in her own mouth! She hugged her and held her tight. It was so worth it! She also got a basketball sized tennis ball, a crawl ball, a magic wand, another monkey toy, a crazy ball that rolls around the floor and an animal shaky round thing that lights up! Of course, she had 'fridge box' syndrome with the other toys at first. By this, I mean she was more interested in the crinkly bag then the toy! But, after a bit she figured out what was really important! Loving on the mommy! And, of course, she got a new hat, some barrettes, some butterfly pj's and the absolutely most adorable Dora nightgown! My favorites: the baby doll and her nightgown. I was surprised at how hard little girl nightgowns are to find.

Day in and day out we worked on baby girl saying "momma" in time for Mother's Day. And, I finally figured out what trait this child got from my mother. My mother (sorry in advance) has never gotten anywhere on time. Now, there's no reason to get butt hurt. EVERYONE knows it's true. Everyone knows to tell you the event starts 1/2 hour earlier than it really does, if they want you to be there on time. With that said, Annmarie showed up late and does things on her own time. She will eventually say 'momma', but it will be on her own time. She almost has 'hi' down pat. It's very cute. What a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment