Annmarie

Annmarie
1 month old

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Just How Long Does It Take For Teeth to Come In?

If this keeps up, I can see myself asking Lori to take her for a bit so I can get some sleep. It was so bad this morning that when the alarm went off I jumped and grabbed her by the leg. It took a bit to figure out the alarm was going off -and there was no button on her leg. Then, I was tried to get her back to sleep so I could get ready. Once I woke up a little more I realized that it didn't make sense to put her back to sleep -especially when she didn't want to sleep. Of course, all this did was make me late for work. Sometimes it's good to be the boss. She gave Tara hell today, but at least she took the Orajel without fighting her. She still doesn't like it, but she's more used to it now. Once again, around 7:30, her temperature went over 100. I know that fevers are normal when teething, but come on. If it hits 101, I am taking her into the hospital. I can't wait til her ear gets big enough to use the ear thermometer.
She did have some good tonight. Her phonics really do calm her down. So, tonight I let her have extra time on it. I also previewed her next step. I kept her back a level because I didn't/don't have a warm fuzzy about her comprehension. But, I did want to preview the next level so I could get a feel for how long to wait before moving her to it. Plus, I like setting the habit of watching stuff first. Anyway, (as I ramble) the next session uses the same rhyming techniques goes and more in depth with 'at' words, then has a section of words like 'duck' and 'truck'. Hmmm. Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. I may skip that step for a bit -at least until I finish getting my vocabulary under control. She still loves her bath too. I think that relaxed her enough to let her enjoy her nightly massage. I love how it makes her skin so very extra soft. Lots of pictures tomorrow -promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment